Sunday, March 11, 2012

Winners of my "Five Years on Youtube" Contest!



~ Grand Prize Winner ~

"My favorite video is probably your "Storm's End" video. It was the first video that I thought that i wanted an ocarina. It was kind of you to write your own composition for storm victims. I watch it to inspire my self to make my own compositions. The Muse fitted perfectly with the song. It was played beautifully. Thanks for all the videos you've given us and for giving all your viewers the inspiration to raise the awareness of the ocarina! I now have three, because of you." - SlythR45

~ My Top 5 Favorite Comments ~

"hhhmm.... hard to choose a favorite video...oh! i know!
i pick that one video where you were playing that one song on that ocarina
yup, that one was definitely my favorite" -MajorasMask219

"All though it is very difficult to decide which videos is the absolute best since they all are great, I'm going to choose your rendition of "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" played on the STL Horn. It was great to hear (and later learn), reminding me of why I have always loved that song, and to hold onto my dreams. It was wonderfully executed and truly shows the beauty and power of the ocarina, as well as your talent. To this day, it still brings tears to my eyes and rekindles my spirit." -zombiejlt1

"My favorite video is probably your "Storm's End" video. It was the first video that I thought that i wanted an ocarina. It was kind of you to write your own composition for storm victims. I watch it to inspire my self to make my own compositions. The Muse fitted perfectly with the song. It was played beautifully. Thanks for all the videos you've given us and for giving all your viewers the inspiration to raise the awareness of the ocarina! I now have three, because of you." - SlythR45

I've been subscribed to you since your 2nd year and, every video was better then the the one before. Besides being a HUGE Zelda fan your the reason I learned to play the ocarina because you showed that you can play almost any song on the ocarina. You have had so many great videos that I have loved! It is hard to choose a favorite...But id have to go with your Ballad Of the Windfish. That was the first Zelda song I ever heard and When I saw you play it..It was just a Beautiful rendition of it." - gornuf324

"I'm way asking Chad for you to join the orchestra, not only because it would be the greatest thing ever for it to come near me with an ocarina in it, but because you deserve to play with them, and how much joy you've brought to me. My favorite video/moment (which was INCREDIBLY hard to pick!) is probably 'Off To Italy' because it shows how much we fans appreciate you and how much you deserve for us to chip in and give you a gift in favor of all the fantastic gifts you've given us. Thanks David!" - wee1owen12


~ Runner Ups ~

"David, my favorite video by you above all has to be not only the first video I've seen by you, but the first video I've seen of a real ocarina being played: Song of Time. Ever since I was little I've wanted to play some kind of flute, I just wasn't sure what. I did everything from playing with the "pan flute" function on my brother's keyboard to buying a cheap wooden flute from an art museum gift shop for a dollar. And that video was my aha moment. Yes, ocarinas are real!" - flutterpony

"Ballad of the Windfish! I love how it starts soft then beautifully builds. The lake location was a perfect spot. That slow tilt up to the sky with the birds flying around is amazing. It also was the vid that introduced me to your channel. WOOT!
& the original Links Awakening was the 1st Zelda game I ever played and I remember Id talk to Marin just listen to her sing. Id sometimes fall asleep to it. Ive listen to other versions but none come close to yours. And that Double Ocarina is so AWESOME!" - zerozordon620

"it has been five years and you have made videos 203 videos, yet my favorite video has the be your first upload and the rare first and only non ocarina video 'cute kitten'" - Noobirdoc

"I sat here for a while trying to decide which of your videos I liked the best. Sadly I couldn't decide D: But I couldn't decide for a rather good reason. I enjoy all the music you have shared with us over the years and I plan to continue into the future, I myself have never actually seen an Ocarina IRL so whenever I see you've posted a new video I jump for joy :D Now I'm off to subscribe to your other two channels so that I can hear some more delightful music :D" - dragonsmoyer

"Hey David! My favorite video of yours is probably your cover of "Nothing but the Blood." I know this isn't an ocarina video but it was still an amazing cover. I am a Christian and when I first subscribed to your channel I didn't know you were until I saw that video. It was really exciting for me to find someone on YouTube with that much talent, extremely awesome videos and a love for God! Congratulations on 5 years!!! Keep em coming (:" - realgone23

"Hi Docjazz4:)I have several favorites:
-Victory Celebration(Star Wars VI ending)-it sounds amazingly great,really inspiring and it gives me a feeling of a jungle-bird-like effects and awesome percussion
-Shop Theme(Ocarina of Time)-it's a great tune,your playing is amazing and the video is so funnyXD
-Opening Theme(Ocarina of Time)-I can just see so much emotion in the playing here!
-Blue Bird (Naruto)-a very creative arrangement of the song
-My favorite JazzTune
-The Blarney Stone
no chars left" - stamaniorec

"The Song of Time: I actually have a personal connection to this video. This video is what got me into ocarinas and convinced me to buy one. Not too long after that, I got the ocarina and I spent every free moment I had playing every song I could get my hands on. Now, in a year, I have performed in front of several crowds and have even convinced my band teacher to allow me to play it in the concerts. Because of this I have also chosen my career to be in music, and all because I found this video." - WolfPrincessTwilight

"Dear David,
The video that is my favourite would have to be Never Far Away (David's Song) It brought a tear to my eye with the emotion written in that peice. Thank you so much David. Ever since I found you on youtube, my life has been changed in so many ways! A year or so ago, all I was interested in was video games. And now I play around 10+ different instruments! David, thank you for doing what you do." - Coleton33Music

"I would say the star wars episode VI ending cause you epicly did a 1 man orchestra and the song was better than the one in the orriginal movie xD,I t also showed me that even if you already now how to play an instrument doesnt meen you have to use only THAT instrument.
And so began the learning on how to edit videos with a basic soundtrack and the rest is up to the person in the video...and his clones xD" - IgorOgamer

"My favorite video has to be "OcTalk: choosing your first ocarina" becouse that was the first time I ever saw an ocarina and that was the video that changed my life. After I saw that I wanted nothing more than my own ocarina so I went door to door asking people if they would crack an egg over my head for a doller. after a while I had enuff to get a cheap plastic ocarina off ebay for ten bucks but it broke and along with it my heart broke too. but for my birthday I got a beter (still plastic) STL" - TheGamekid4444

No comments:

Post a Comment